I have made a small loop inside (about 5 meters long), in series I got a 22ohm resistor and powering it with 5V.
I used an Arduino UNO and a L298N stand alone shield. I have connected IN1, IN2 and enable to the corresponding pins mentioned in the code. Everything seems to be working.
On the reciever, I get pretty small values. Lines looking like the one below:
cnt 2 min 15 max 127 avg 104 mag -553 smag 596 qty 1.70 in 1 on 1 adc 1
cnt 2 min 15 max 127 avg 104 mag -553 smag 596 qty 1.70 in 1 on 1 adc 0
cnt 2 min 15 max 127 avg 104 mag -643 smag 596 qty 1.78 in 1 on 1 adc 1
cnt 2 min 15 max 127 avg 105 mag -643 smag 596 qty 1.78 in 1 on 1 adc 0
cnt 2 min 15 max 127 avg 105 mag -570 smag 596 qty 1.94 in 1 on 1 adc 1
cnt 2 min 15 max 127 avg 104 mag -570 smag 596 qty 1.94 in 1 on 1 adc 0
The sound sensor is turned up to max.
It seems to be fluctuating pretty much, on the above lines, the mower stood still, no motors running, and its around 25cm from the perimeter.
Is something wrong, or does it seem ok? It does sense correct for inside and outside.
the fluctuation in the mag is normal. The reason is, that the signal is sampled only with 4times oversampling. The sampling frequency shifts over the normal signal. Therfore the ADC don't read always the same amplitude of the signal.
I don't use the software. But I read, that people got a mog of 1900 near the perimeter. Therefore it could be little low. But it could also be, that the signal is too strong and than you also got bad values too. Best is get an oszilloscope and measure the signal behind the amplifier.
Into this post you can find the value from all marotronics parts (sender receiver coil azurit). And 100 ml wire area.
The value are near 1900 when very near (5cm left and 10cm upper) the wire but 150 or 200 just 10cm upper and 0cm left of the wire.
It is possible that your 5 ml is too small and the coil receive the signal from the goes and return of the wire ( but really not sure).
I am using a full sized Ardumower with a 50m loop and most things are working well. However every 5 minutes or so the mower does not see the perimeter wire and travels over it and gets caught up in flowers or a wall outside the perimeter. I want to correct this. I have a value, when I am on top of the wire of 1200. Here are a few questions
Is the value high enough?
if I need to increase it, then should I increase the dc-dc regulator voltage in the sender unit? It is currently 12 - 13 volts with an input of 24 volts
What is the max this should be set to?
or should I increase the amplifier gain on the receiver. Which way should I turn the potentiometer to increase the gain?
why is it normal to have the power resister so hot?
Can this be avoided? as this is a waste of electricity
But if the mower runs further when it is outside, it may be that he thinks he is inside instead of outside.
This could be, if the perimeter current is too high or your perimeter signal is be influenced through the chassis itselfe.
If the perimeter current is too high the amplifier goes in saturation and therefore manipulate the received signal.
Does this happen always on the same location in the garden? Was it wet outside?
In my garden I had a special place, where the robot runs over the perimeter while line following. This happend only if it was wet outside.
I never found out what part of the chassis does this. I could reproduce it while putting the mower in the position where it happend.
But when I then only loosed a top cover screw the problem vanished.
How big is your resistor?
The maximum amplitude is round about 15cm inside of the perimeter. I would first try to put the sender to 9V instead of 12-13V and then see what happens.
Take a loop at the perimeter signal all the time until the problem happens.
The whole lawn was damp when this happened. I was mowing random not line following. Regarding wet, lets face it this is the UK in November. I probably should not be testing this mower now, but I do not want to want to waste time during the winter. As I want to get this thing as best it can be before the next mowing season.
I have only tried this full scale Ardumower on 2 previous occasions . Once inside a dry village hall and yesterday in my garden. In the village hall this did not happen. Yesterday the lawn was damp (i.e. not very wet) and the grass was too long. I have now cut the grass to a more reasonable length and I will try again today to see what happens. I will reduce the voltage to 9V and I will measure the strength 15 cm inside the perimeter and respond back this evening
the resister is a 12 ohm power resister
Also can I reset the statistics using pfod or do I need to be connected by USB?
I Use 3 differents mowing area with 50 Ml , 100 Ml and 200 Ml of wire but into each area the max distance between the 2 opposite wires is 30 Ml.
The Pot on the receiver is at max value and 9 V on the sender.
The mag value is very low (50 or 100) directly upper the wire and 2000 or -2000 at 15CM outside or Inside the area but the distance between the coil and the floor is only 8CM.
My resistor is 12 Ohm also and at many time i forget the sender and let it work for more than 24 Hours without any trouble. The resistor is hot and it's normal (30 40 Deg).
In my case i never see the Mower outside of the area.
Verify the setting into Perimeter . Timed-out if below smag.
Stop immediatly the mower if the sender is not powered or the mower very far of wire.
Correct value can be find by putting your mower at the max distance of the wire and read the mag value and add 50 for example.Unplug the sender and verify that the mag reading is lower that the new timed-out. Value for me is 150. Timeout if not Inside
Stop the mower if the mower is outside of perimeter for more than this duration.
As lower as possible but can generate error When state is Peri out or Peri Rev.So 5 or 8 Sec is correct.
For the Stats.
Into Info in Pfod the stats override set to YES. But not sure it reset the value.