THEMA: Overcompensation and oscillation on compass test

Overcompensation and oscillation on compass test 6 Monate 6 Tage her #12151

• jonathanbyrn
  • jonathanbyrns Avatar Autor
  • Benutzer
  • Benutzer
  • Dank erhalten: 4
Hi,
I have gone through the IMU setup several times and it looks correct when I check the graphs. but when I do the robot dance it keeps bouncing back and forth. How do I fix this?

also I installed and connected ardumag but no points are recorded. Is this for an older version?

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Overcompensation and oscillation on compass test 6 Monate 5 Tage her #12156

• nero76
  • nero76s Avatar
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • cofounder of www.ardumower.de
  • Dank erhalten: 785
Hello,
Yes, ArduMag is for an older version - Compass is not used yet (or more precise: just experimentally for lane-by-lane mowing pattern), however it will be used in Ardumower Sunray firmware ( wiki.ardumower.de/index.php?title=Ardumower_Sunray ). The compass PID parameters (imuRollPID, imuDirPID) control the PID controller for the robot dance and lane-by-lane mowing pattern ( wiki.ardumower.de/index.php?title=PID_control ) and they have been tuned for the Ardumower chassis and motors ( www.marotronics.de/Ardumower-Kits_2 ).
Regards,
Alexander

PCB1.3 - die Plug&Play Robotik-Plattform für Deinen Rasenroboter mit passender Open Source Software
Letzte Änderung: von nero76.

Overcompensation and oscillation on compass test 6 Monate 4 Tage her #12173

• jonathanbyrn
  • jonathanbyrns Avatar Autor
  • Benutzer
  • Benutzer
  • Dank erhalten: 4
Thank you for the detailed reply and the clarification about the firmware. I dialed down the directional PID and it is working better but is still failing on one direction. I was following the instructions on the wiki which seem to indicate the IMU is necessary, I will add more info to the wiki about the firmware requirement. Thanks again for your help!

• Seite:
Ladezeit der Seite: 0.192 Sekunden